Wednesday 27 April 2016

POLITICS:-Olisa Metuh appears in court today after fainting yesterday

Olisa Metuh, spokesman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), was at the federal high court, Abuja, where is trial for criminal breach of trust continues, on Wednesday.



We Won’t Provide Millions of Naira as Surety for Metuh – PDP

Metuh had slumped at a PDP event in Abuja on Tuesday, and he was rushed to the national hospital.


SOURCE:-Ajayi Jamiu | Topup9ja Staff


An associate of his who spoke with Topup9ja.com on Tuesday had said that the PDP spokesman slipped from his chair, and he was unable to get back up.

He added that Metuh was in stable condition at hospital, but that he would need constant medical attention.

  Topup9ja.com understands that he suffers from high blood pressure.

However, he showed up in court on Wednesday, telling journalists that he insisted on coming to court against his doctor’s advice because he did not want his bail revoked.

READ ALSO:-EFCC: This Why We Arrested Former PDP Chairman...

“I insisted on coming to court because I know that today is my court case,” he said.‎

“If I’m not here, my bail conditions might be revoked and I do not want it to be revoked but I have been here for three hours and we have not yet started. That is why my lawyers called for an adjournment.

“The doctor did not want to release me but I insisted. No matter the condition, I cannot wait to defend myself.”‎

Metuh is facing a seven-count charge of criminal breach of trust and money laundering to the tune of N400m brought against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

He maintains that he is innocent and that he is a victim of political persecution.
 
 Join Our Community By Writing for us / Informative Content you want us to Post on Topup9ja? Join Now
            THINK IT IS IMPORTANT? SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

MUSIC

SPORT